Monday, March 16, 2009

"Tagged"


Angela Elledge, painter and teacher, has tagged me. (I had the good fortune to be paired with her in the DSDF portrait challenge.) Check out Angela's blog. When she's not doing an amazing job teaching art, she does wonderful dog portraits!

Here are 5 random things about me:

1. I've been known to sketch people on any available paper, even using the back of a note with flight information while waiting for a friend at the airport. (See above.)

2. Thanks to Krista Cantrell, my golden retriever has earned his first two agility titles.

3. My first dog, an Aussie, was given to me when I was in college.

4. The paintbox I use belonged to my grandmother, a student of Edward Quigley.

5. One of my favorite quotes is from Marty Beck, wife of painter Phil Beck. During workshops she uses this sentence to encourage students to step back for a more objective look at their work: "Get away from your painting before your painting gets away from you."

As acknowledgment of the work of three wonderful artists, I am tagging:

Annie Salness, a consistent contributor of outstanding paintings to DSDF
Debra Jones, an artist who does amazing watercolors of dogs
Suzanne Berry, a painter who deserves recognition for her dog portraits

From what I understand, these are the tagging rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules in your blog.
3. Write five random things about yourself.
4. Tag random people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they've been tagged.

2 comments:

Angela Elledge said...

Hello Helen - It is so good to hear from you and I am happy to learn more about you. The 3 artists you tagged are some of my very favorite artists, too.

Beautiful spontaneous sketch here; please post more...

Annie Salness said...

Helen,
Thank you for the compliment! I just scrolled through your blog and really like your work. There is a wonderful softness to your brush work. Your portrait of Angela is beautiful!